Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Replacing our advent calendar

Every year I try to do something different with the boys and my husband that reminds them of how much they mean to me.

Originally, I decided to do a 25 day countdown for all three of them to replace the advent calendar.  Each day they would get to pull that day's note and it would be a love note, a "coupon", a thank you, etc...

It's kind of evolved into something more and I'm really excited about it.

On top of the original idea, three days per week, their note will be a Random Act of Kindness.  The note may actually list the "act" or it may have them coming up with it on their own.  But at the end of the day, I want to know about it.  BUT, those three days? Also come with a Random Act of Kindness business card, per se.  Just a wish for them to pass it on.



I'm really excited about this project.  I'm excited to hear from the boys after school and how their "acts" went over.  I'm excited to hear from my husband after a day at work after he bought someone lunch.  

I myself make a point to do a "random act" at least once or twice a week.  I have special little cards I give away when I do that connect people to www.therandomact.org.  I'm excited to pass it on to my children.





 - Dawny Wendy


2 comments