Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Addiction sucks

Late last night it was announced that Cory Monteith (Finn from Glee) had been found dead. They haven't released cause of death but supposition is from a possible overdose due to his recent stay in rehab from substance abuse along with his age (he was 31).

I'm unashamedly a Gleek. I love what the show has done for the arts awareness and music in general. There's kids out there that know the lyrics to The Beatles, Meatloaf, Areosmith, 80's hip hop, etc... 

I can't help but be sad about his death. Not just because of I was rooting for his character, not just for his family/friends/coworkers, but for the younger generation of fans. I know how invested in my shows, characters, and actors that portray them I get and I'm an adult. I hurt for the 11 year girl who had a crush on Finn. I hurt for the 10 year old boy who was inspired by the character to be more than what was expected of him by himself and his peers. 

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. I hope he found the peace in death that he may not have had in life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment