Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Whatta Month!!!!!

So the month of July flew by with lots of things happening and life changes!  I know! I know! I talk about change a lot while still feeling stuck..my sis....But I turned 40!!!! 40! I'm 40!! It doesn't seem possible. I remember being in my 20's looking at women in their 40's thinking I can't wait to be that together, that confident, that comfortable in my own skin. Now I am here and I still feel like that 20 something gal!
The Princess and I in our matching tops for my 40th Birthday Adventure

Let me go back a bit before I dive into that! July! It's a busy month with lots of birthdays for my family and friends. We planned a couple of adventures but most importantly Gami came to visit for the entire month. The Punkies adore Gam. The love they have for her melts my heart and it brings back memories of the love I had with my Grandparents.  But I have to admit I REALLY, REALLY LIKE my Mommy. I mean most people love their Mom but I also really like her and enjoy spending time with her. We laugh and understand each other so completely!And this visit we found each other saying the exact same things at the same time! FREAKY!!!
This is the kind of thing Mommy and LOL about!

 So I was really excited she was going to be here for the month.  While she was here my baby brother had a crisis, her Bestie had a crisis, and  of course she had to check on The Rog several times a day and field whatever crisis he was having. It hurt my feelings that she would take their calls and text all day with them when she was here.  It was my time and when they are there in FL visiting I don't hear anything from her.  Meaning I don't cut into their time.  So I was a little bent out of shape(I told you I still feel 20 something most times!) But then my Bestie reminded me that my relationship is different with my mom, that she knows and expects me to be strong, take care of myself and my family-cause that is what I have always done.  So after a lot of But....But..... I heard what D was saying and decided to put the bratty girl feelings away and appreciate that my Mom thinks I got this and be happy that she is the kind of person who loves so BIG.  I know that is where I get my BIG feelings from and I love that about myself.
We adore Gam! So glad she could spend the month with us


So 40.....I was expecting it to be big and life changing.  I thought I would be sad and feel like I haven't done what I should have by now.  But....it was actually ok.  I had a great day with Mommy and the Punkies.  We laughed a lot, we had an adventure, we played....It was a great day.  The next morning when I went in to get the Bigs up, Bu had smeared feces from one end of his bed to the other. And it hit me.....I'm doing exactly what I am suppose to do. Parenting the Punkies is not easy.  I adore them, I want to give them every possible chance of a great life, I want them to feel loved and safe, I want them to grow into amazing people that live their lives to the fullest.  Bu can't handle fun and being able to make his own choices. I eased up to much the day before and this was his way of telling me he was afraid and that I had let him down.  My Mom had seen how far things had changed with Bu...I think she thought I was blowing things out of portion on the phone about him...again I was glad she was here, being a witness for my life, validating me and cheering me on! 40 was coming in like a lion and I felt like "I got this"!
Zo looking dapper in his pimplicious birthday hat

Tater went with a DJ Lance hat

Sis was the Hello Kitty Princess

Gam was also a pretty princess

And Bu...well he stated true to Bu form! KK was really glad she had to work and not wear a hat for my birthday!


Next up the Princess turning 5 and us spending the week in Seaside. Last time we were in Seaside the Bigs were awful! So I had a game plan to hopefully make them feel safe and in control of their surrounding and it was a great week! Cold as f#&*! But we had a great time with very little poor choices! So again I felt like we(kk and I) were doing something right!!! 40 was looking goooood!
In front of the Seaside sign

Happy 5th Birthday my Princess Love!



So Mom has gone home.  It was hard to watch her go into the airport to leave. The Punkies are sad and acting out.....But 40's not looking bad.  I am looking forward to the year.  Making the changes I need to make for me and becoming that confident, comfy in my own skin gal!
I'm a true believer in Mom's are super heros and we tuck our capes into our yoga pants while we run to keep our families moving! I hope to live up to my alter ego and feel good in my 40 year old skin! 

2 comments

  1. I adore you and truly believe that life has led you to exactly where you're supposed to be. You inspire me daily.

    Dawny

    ReplyDelete