I'm not going to lie, every year I have these huge new "plans" or "resolutions" for me and my family and I've pretty much messed them all up by January 4th, O.k. 3rd, well, shit by the 2nd I'm usually over it. But this year, this year is going to be different!!! O.k. probably not but this year I'm looking at things differently.
So my Mommy Queen Deb came to spend Christmas with us this year. It was a surprise for the Punkies and I LOVED that she was here for the Holidays. Queen Deb and I have a special relationship, I adore her...plan and simple....she makes me laugh like no one else, she encourages without judging(ok she judges a little she's my mom), she loves the Punkies and KK.....I adore her. We haven't gotten her for Christmas in a really long time so it meant a lot to me that she choose without me asking for her to come. She left on the 31st to return to Florida because my youngest sister was going out for a week before she returned to college and as that day dragged on me, all of the Punkies and KK got sick. Like we're still coughing. I'm pretty sure when I tell you we have the plague that I am in no way blowing this out of proportion! I'm still not sure that we will all come out on the other side so keep us in your thoughts!
|Elf Christmas jammies|
ANYWAY, instead of making big changes as the clock struck Midnight on the 1st, I just laid in bed thankful for my cough drops and that everyone was sleeping and not pooping all over the house still! But as I'm coming back to life I do have some things that I want to work on this year!
1. I'm going to stop talking about my weight. Oh I know that I need to lose more than a few pounds but this time I'm going to get healthy. I'm sad that so many of the women in my life are worried about their weight and pissed that they don't weigh the same as they did at 19. We are grown ass women who are amazing! Fuck the 20 year old who hasn't walked in our shoes yet! Again I'm not saying weight is no an issue for me, but I want to show my lil Princess that I am so much more than that! I want to be here for her when she graduates,gets married, gives me grandbabies. So I am going to get healthy this year and hope to be off all my meds by the end of the year.
|How can I start the cycle with her and all the stupid things we beat ourselves up about as women! She's a warrior Princess!|
2. I'm going to find my light and be a better Mommy,Friend,Sister,Daughter,Niece.......Person. I used to only see the bright side in any and every situation. I lost my way and went to a really dark place for awhile, then even when I found my footing I never found the real me again. I know that girl has changed and I don't want to go back but I'm thinking in the years that have passed that my light has gotten to have gotten brighter no matter how deep down it's hidden. So this is the year to find it again.
3. I'm going to listen more/better. I have always thought of myself of someone that is there for my friends and family but my little brother informed me that I never listen to him. So I'm going to work on that. I'm going to relearn to listen without putting judgement or my spin on things.
4. I want to spend more time with the people I love! It's hard because we are all spread out all over the place but I want to really try to get to see the people I adore, that life me up on a daily basis, that make me laugh...more. I want to go to the family reunion this year and see my cousins that I haven't seen in forever. I want to see my Dawny, Mary and Dani more! I want to see my Ya Yas! I want to sit next to Kristine and just be. I want theses people in my kids lives but I also want to be re energized by them!
5. I want to forgive this year. Forgive people that I say I let go of or that hurt me but I also want to forgive myself. As I said I went through a really dark time and messed up some relationships that I will forever miss and forever be heartbroken that they are over but I am hoping to find a way to forgive myself and move on. Close a chapter.
6. I hope to be part of "A Village" this year. There is so much shit that goes on with our kids. It is hard raising Typical kids let alone "special needs" kids!!! I am hoping I can gather a community and be a light and support to all of you that are going through it and share some of what we in the Clark-King household go through so we can support each other and hold, I mean lift each other up!!
|Believe in the cape ya'all! We as women need to see we are Super Women!|
I want to be better about blogging, there's so much that happens on an everyday basis that makes me laugh and I think to myself, someone else has had to have this happen to them and we need to be laughing together!!!
So I hope you all have had a wonderful start to your 2014! And I hope we spend a ton of time together this year!
Big Kisses! Nicci Wendy