Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Queen in training

I touched on this in my last post about the curtain being 'pulled back' during this last year of my life... but today I heard a new concept that has me pretty excited. 

It seems I am a Queen in training. In fact, I'm super close to getting my crown! (get the confetti ready)

While visiting with my counselor today (Yes, I often go and chat-up my counselor... be glad, at least I'm not on your couch) and apparently there's this theory/phenomenon regarding the stages of womanhood. 

There are the Princesses and the Queens. 



The Princess chapters are usually found in a woman's 20's- 30's.. occasionally dipping into the mid-30's. The Queen years are usually found in her 40's and up. 

Now, I am sure there are plenty of women that are born Queens, and how lucky for them; and on the flip side, I'm sure there are women that are born and will die Princesses.  Fortunately for me, I think I'm close to being crowned a Queen.

Princesses are very concerned with what others think of them, while Queens are concerned with what they think of themselves. 
Princesses go to extreme lengths to perfect what they see in the mirror, while Queens have learned to appreciate and love what they see in the mirror whether its aestheticly perfect or not. 
Princesses are very careful to keep up their facade at all costs, while Queens are completely comfortable with 'what you see is what you get'.
The Princess years are fear-based while Queens are Fear-less! 

Now, I could go on and on with examples, but I think you get my drift. 

I recall Oprah being excited about turning 40 and even more excited about 50 and I think this is potentionally a driving force behind that statement. 
How freeing!  This is why I have no qualms about aging, so much less pressure when you have finally arrived. 

DISCLAIMER: 1) Note that I am still a Queen in training, and still have work to do, but I can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. 
 2) I am not saying anything negative about being a Princess... trust me.. I've been one for many years. I am just super stoked at the idea of relaxing, giving myself some grace and finally being the Queen of my Castle. 

Peace out- Wendy Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment