Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Marshmallow on a Stick! Awwwwwwwwesome!


 Punkies LOVE marshmallows! Like really LOVE them! So when I saw this cute post on Pioneer Woman's website this morning I knew how I would be spending a couple hours of my afternoon.













What you need:
  • Regular Marshmallows
  • 1 package Almond Bark (white Or Chocolate) Or Meltable Candy Wafers
  • a little shortening, I use butter flavored
  • Sprinkles, Chopped Nuts, Chopped Pretzels, Chopped Candy, Etc.
  • Equipment: Lolipop Sticks (sold In Craft Stores or at Walmart)


So I set up everything in advance because I am dealing with the Punkies. You kind of have to move quickly because you are using melted chocolate so because I was using 3 different colors of chocolate we did it in 3 different rounds.

xo Nicci Wendy


Melt your chocolate and add a little shortening to it, I learned about this on Pintrest, they say it helps with the dipping and sticking to whatever your dipping.  It does make a difference, I am not sure why but it does so do it!=)
Next you dip the marshmallow in the chocolate and decorate.  We used M&Ms, and holiday sprinkles today but there is soooooo much you could use:
Mini chocolate chipsCrushed pretzels
Chopped nuts
Crushed candy
Crushed cookies
Sprinkles
Decorations
Anything!
It was messy, fun and really easy! A nice way to kill a couple of hours with the Punkies! I think kiddos of all ages could do this mine are 3,4,5 and 7 and they all had fun and could do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment