Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

One Hour Storage Project: Necklace Organizer!!

My big, chunky inexpensive jewelry items ("statement necklaces") have been living in Ziplock sandwich baggies and stacked in a clear plastic container since 2010. 

We just moved two weeks ago; I now have a reach-in closet instead of a walk-in closet. 

I decided it would be easier to choose my necklace for the day if they were all hanging and visible. The right side wall of the closet seems the right place forthis $8 tie and belt hook from Home Depot. They have nicer ones in wood available, (I love this one, in cedar, from Container Store) but my closet already came with some Closet Maid white wire elements so I figured I'd stick with inexpensive Closet Maid white wire. It came with drywall screws, but my hooks don't need to bear a lot of weight, so I just hammered in some picture hanging nails. I did use my level to hang the belt & tie fixture nice and straight. 


The three hooks below the belt & tie fixture are regular lightweight screw hooks that I happened to have in my picture hanging kit. I screwed them right in using just my fingers and some pressure. 

My closet is painted boring white inside. The rest of the apartment was nicely painted in a beige color with cream trim but they didn't repaint the insides of the closets from the original cheap rental white. I would like to paint the inside of our closets (Jake has a walk-in in the second bedroom), but there are so many other things I want to do first. 

Project Budget: $8 to $25+
Project Time Frame: 30 minutes
Project Materials: Belt & tie hook fixture of your choice, Pencil, Level, Hammer & Nails --or-- Drywall Screws and Drill. 

xo Dani Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment