Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

What's for Dinner? Crock Pot Pepperoni Pizza Pasta

Every day I get up with a list of a hundred things to do! And while I am checking off that to do list I am freaking out in my mind thinking "What in the world am I going to make for dinner" ?!

I am a huge fan of the crock pot! Between the one pot clean up at the end of the day and the set it and forget it, it's a win-win situation for my crazy,chaotic house!!!!

So I as you know I have 4 Punkies so whatever I make it has to be Punkie-friendly! and during the week I also like it to be quick and easy to throw together. I do my more "experienced" cooking on the weekends mostly!

So today I am going to share one of our favorites! I found this one on Pinterest awhile back!

Crock pot pepperoni pizza pasta!

What you need:

  • 1 lb. rigatoni (uncooked)
  • 2 jars tomato sauce (or your own marinara sauce)
  • 1 tbs. dried oregano
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 lb. Italian sausage, (removed from casing)
  • 1 onion, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup each of broccoli florets,carrots,cauliflower (chopped/pureed in food processor-getting the veggies in so the Punkies don't even know!)
  • 1 green pepper, roughly chopped(I puree them up so Punkies don't see them but we still get the taste)
  • 1-2 cups sliced mushrooms(same with these guys, I grind them up in the food processor so we again get the taste but Punkie's don't see them)
  • 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • sliced pepperoni

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain excess fat. Remove from pan and set aside. Do the same thing with the sausage, making sure to break it up into small pieces. While I am browning the meats I grind/puree up the peppers and mushroom and add to the ground beef. Meanwhile, mix the sauce, uncooked pasta, and oregano in a large bowl until the pasta is well coated. Spray the inside of a large crock pot with cooking spray. Have you ever used crock-pot liners?! They are the greatest things since dishwashers!!! I always put one in my crock!
Now make layers using half of each ingredient and then repeat using the other half. Layer in this order: Pasta, beef(with peppers and mushrooms), sausage, onions,pepperoni,  cheese. Place slices of pepperoni on the top and sprinkle with a little more oregano. Cook on low for about 6 hours.





xo Nicci Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment