Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Roasted Chick Peas



So kicking off the new year I have decided to be healthier and take better care of myself and my family.  The Punkies snack all day, they graze, and although they eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies I needed to find more and healthier options for them to get excited about. Protein is something that I worry about in their diets. 
 
So when I was looking on Pinterest for ideas I was excited to see roasted chick peas several different times.
 
I decided to try them and see how they would go over and the Punkies went nuts as did I!
 
Here's what you need:
 
Garbanzo beans/chick peas
olive oil
salt

Preheat your oven to 425. I know this seems hot but it makes them really crisp!
 
You open the beans and drain and rinse them.
 
Next you put them on a paper towel and dry them really well.....I mean really well...this is important if you want them to turn out crispy.

I roll them in between 2 paper towel then let them sit a hour.
 
You can take this time to pull out all the skins.
 
Next you coat them with a little olive oil.  I use the Pam olive oil spray and give them a light spray but you can use just regular olive oil the important thing is not to over do it.
 
Next you sprinkle with salt and pop them in the oven.
 
I cook them for 15 minutes then take them out and give them a good shake.  Put them back in and cook them another 12-15 minutes.
 
Take them out and let them cool a couple minutes then pop into your mouth!
 
They are sooooo yummy!!! AND totally easy!
 
You can add any seasoning you want.  We have done garlic and cinnamon and sugar, Cajun seasoning and all sorts of Mrs. Dash!

xo Nicci Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment